Waihi Beach - Fun in the Sun
Upload a photo of your whānau completing an activity below using hashtag #VOTfuninsun to Facebook or Instagram, and you'll go in th draw to WIN! The more activites you complete, and the more photos you tag, then the more chances to win!
Competition open 21 December, 2018 to 31 January, 2019. Compeition T+Cs.
Download activity cards or see the list below.
- Build a life size Sand Family
- TOP TIP: Seaweed makes a great hair do
- How many steps are there on the Trig Walk (tip - check out the Bucket List at Waihi Beach Top 10 for a clue)?
- Can you find the famous castle of Waihi Beach (tip – it is where children go to play)?
- There is a mural next to the Surf Club. What is it a painting of?
- How many IRB’s can you see at the Surf Club?
- What special treasures can you find lying or hiding in the sand on the beach?
- Get your crew together for a game of Beach Golf!
- TOP TIP: You'll each need a tennis ball to roll at holes that you've made in the sand (think bowling!). Get digging and become a golf course apprentice by designing and building your own course!
Make a Sundial:
- How do you tell the time on holiday? Use the natural resources around you to make a Sundial
- TOP TIP: Tall sticks love to cast shadows
- Set up a target, throw your jandal and see who can get the closest!
- TOP TIP: Think horse shoe throw!
- Be a tidy kiwi – If you see any rubbish as you complete Fun in the Sun please pick it up and put it in a rubbish or recycling bin
- TOP TIP: Make sure to wash your hands afterwards!
- Design your own game of Hopscotch
- TOP TIP: How tricky can you get?
- Spread the word and get a crew together for a game of Backyard cricket
- Pack a picnic and head off for an afternoon of exploring at Orokawa Bay
- TOP TIP: What natural treasures can you find along the way?
Be Water Smart:
- Show us your favourite way to cool off at the Beach on a hot summer day
Swim between the _ _ _ _ _
If in _ _ _ _ _ stay _ _ _
Never _ _ _ _ when tired or cold
Never swim or _ _ _ _ alone
- Make a quick video about being a clever kiwi conservationist
- TOP TIP: Conservationist = a clever kiwi who protects and looks after the environment and wildlife
- There is a park named after New Zealand’s Christmas tree, can you find it? Take a picture when you do!
- TOP TIP: The tree has red flowers