Tirohanga Beach, Opotiki - Fun in the Sun
Upload a photo of your whānau completing an activity below using hashtag #VOTfuninsun to Facebook or Instagram, and you'll go in th draw to WIN! The more activites you complete, and the more photos you tag, then the more chances to win!
Competition open 21 December, 2018 to 31 January, 2019. Compeitions T+Cs.
Download activity cards or see the list below.
- Build a life size Sand Family
- TOP TIP: Seaweed makes a great hair do
- How many people along the beach and at the playground do you see wearing hats and sunglasses?
- How many surfboards, boats and paddleboards can you spot at sea?
- Count how many tyres are there in the playground?
- How many steps do you have to climb to get to the top of the big slide?
- What colour is the boat in the playground. Capture a photo in the boat.
- What do you see on the billboard in front of the playground. Capture your family photo using this billboard.
- Get your crew together for a game of Beach Golf!
- TOP TIP: You'll each need a tennis ball to roll at holes that you've made in the sand (think bowling!). Get digging and become a golf course apprentice by designing and building your own course!
Make a Sundial:
- How do you tell the time on holiday? Use the natural resources around you to make a Sundial
- TOP TIP: Tall sticks love to cast shadows
- Set up a target, throw your jandal and see who can get the closest!
- TOP TIP: Think horse shoe throw!
- Be a tidy kiwi – If you see any rubbish as you complete Fun in the Sun please pick it up and put it in a rubbish or recycling bin
- TOP TIP: Make sure to wash your hands afterwards!
- Design your own game of Hopscotch
- TOP TIP: How tricky can you get?
- Spread the word and get a crew together for a game of Backyard cricket
- Complete a walk along the Motu Dunes Trail – what bugs, critters, sea life or birds can you find?
Be Water Smart:
- Show us your favourite way to cool off at the Beach on a hot summer day
Swim between the _ _ _ _ _
If in _ _ _ _ _ stay _ _ _
Never _ _ _ _ when tired or cold
Never swim or _ _ _ _ alone
- Make a quick video about being a clever kiwi conservationist
- TOP TIP: Conservationist = a clever kiwi who protects and looks after the environment and wildlife
- Locate the largest tree in the Tirohanga campground. Have a guess how old it is? Does it have a name?
- TOP TIP: Snap a Whanau picture under the tree