Ohope Beach - Fun in the Sun
Upload a photo of your whānau completing an activity below using hashtag #VOTfuninsun to Facebook or Instagram, and you'll go in th draw to WIN! The more activites you complete, and the more photos you tag, then the more chances to win!
Competition open 21 December, 2018 to 31 January, 2019. Compeitions T+Cs.
Download activity cards or see the list below.
- Build a life size Sand Family
- TOP TIP: Seaweed makes a great hair do
- How many people along the beach and at the playground do you see wearing hats and sunglasses?
- How many surfboards, boats and paddleboards can you spot at sea?
- What is the name of the tallest tree in the Ohope Top 10 campground?
- On the sign on the access to the beach, what type of animal is “Oscar”?
- What colour is the lifeguard tower located on the beach by the campground?
- Get your crew together for a game of Beach Golf!
- TOP TIP: You'll each need a tennis ball to roll at holes that you've made in the sand (think bowling!). Get digging and become a golf course apprentice by designing and building your own course!
Make a Sundial:
- How do you tell the time on holiday? Use the natural resources around you to make a Sundial
- TOP TIP: Tall sticks love to cast shadows
- Set up a target, throw your jandal and see who can get the closest!
- TOP TIP: Think horse shoe throw!
- Be a tidy kiwi – If you see any rubbish as you complete Fun in the Sun please pick it up and put it in a rubbish or recycling bin
- TOP TIP: Make sure to wash your hands afterwards!
- Design your own game of Hopscotch
- TOP TIP: How tricky can you get?
- Spread the word and get a crew together for a game of Backyard cricket
- Complete a walk along the Ohope Harbourside Trail (2.9km’s) or explore the areas of bush near the campsite– what bugs, critters or birds can you find?
- TOP TIP: Don’t be afraid to get amongst the dirt to find those that may be good at hiding
Be Water Smart:
- Show us your favourite way to cool off at the Beach on a hot summer day
Swim between the _ _ _ _ _
If in _ _ _ _ _ stay _ _ _
Never _ _ _ _ when tired or cold
Never swim or _ _ _ _ alone
- Make a quick video about being a clever kiwi conservationist
- TOP TIP: Conservationist = a clever kiwi who protects and looks after the environment and wildlife
- Locate the tree overhanging the Fairbrother Loop track. Have a guess what type of tree it is? And how old?
- TOP TIP: Snap a Whanau picture under the tree