Ohiwa Harbour - Fun in the Sun
Upload a photo of your whānau completing an activity below using hashtag #VOTfuninsun to Facebook or Instagram, and you'll go in th draw to WIN! The more activites you complete, and the more photos you tag, then the more chances to win!
Competition open 21 December, 2018 to 31 January, 2019. Compeitions T+Cs.
- Build a life size Sand Family
- TOP TIP: Seaweed makes a great hair do
1. How many people along the beach and at the playground do you see wearing hats and sunglasses?
2. How many boats can you spot at sea or on the harbour?
3. Can you find Palm Trees? How many can you count?
4. What colour are the stripes on the jumping pillow at the Ohiwa campground?
5. There are two s_____, s_____ and s__ s___ in the playground.
6. Capture a family photo from your favourite spot at the Harbour
- Get your crew together for a game of Beach Golf!
- TOP TIP: You'll each need a tennis ball to roll at holes that you've made in the sand (think bowling!). Get digging and become a golf course apprentice by designing and building your own course!
Make a Sundial:
- How do you tell the time on holiday? Use the natural resources around you to make a Sundial
- TOP TIP: Tall sticks love to cast shadows
- Set up a target, throw your jandal and see who can get the closest!
- TOP TIP: Think horse shoe throw!
- Be a tidy kiwi – If you see any rubbish as you complete Fun in the Sun please pick it up and put it in a rubbish or recycling bin
- TOP TIP: Make sure to wash your hands afterwards!
- Design your own game of Hopscotch
- TOP TIP: How tricky can you get?
- Spread the word and get a crew together for a game of Backyard cricket
- Complete a walk along the Onekawa Te Mawhai Regional Park or explore the areas of bush near the campsite– what bugs, critters or birds can you find?
- TOP TIP: Don’t be afraid to get amongst the dirt to find those that may be good at hiding
Be Water Smart:
- Show us your favourite way to cool off at the Beach on a hot summer day
Swim between the _ _ _ _ _
If in _ _ _ _ _ stay _ _ _
Never _ _ _ _ when tired or cold
Never swim or _ _ _ _ alone
- Make a quick video about being a clever kiwi conservationist
- TOP TIP: Conservationist = a clever kiwi who protects and looks after the environment and wildlife
Glow in the Dark:
- Get exploring and take a walk to visit the Glow Worms
- TOP TIP: There are lots of interesting facts at the site, what did you learn?