Outdoor exploration and digital technology combine in an innovative Amazing Race-style school holiday activity that encourages kids and adults alike to explore the natural playgrounds our forest, parks and reserves provide.
From Saturday, September 30 to Sunday, October 15, Virtually on Track is hosting a free app-based challenge across three Gem sites:
- Waihi Beach
- The Redwoods (Whakarewarewa Forest)
- Ohope Beach (and surrounding areas - including West End to Otarawairere Bay track, Fairbrother Loop and Tauwhare Pa site)
How to get started:
- Download the goosechase app onto your smartphone from Play Store (Android) or Apple Store (Apple).
- Register for the app using a username and password of your choice, or sign in using Facebook.
- Search for the game located in your region - Sport BOP Redwoods Adventure; Sport BOP Waihi Beach Wonder; or Sport BOP Ohope Beach Discovery.
- Create a team; wait for the game to become 'live', and then get exploring!
PLEASE NOTE: Participants are counted as teams so you only need one person per team to download the app and create an account.
Need more help? Click here to view a full instruction sheet.